Wednesday, May 30, 2018

30 Days of 30 pieces - Day 2 of 30

Today's post is going to be a short one, I think. It's been a rather long day and I am actually ready to go to bed at 8:50PM, that's right! Welcome to grandma land! 😆

I think it's just a case of waking up early and not getting enough rest. Talking about waking up early, I've been dabbling with the idea of joining the 5 AM club. The thought first came through a podcast I was listening to by Robin Sharma. Sid loves this guy and I too enjoy a lot of his podcasts. So about 3 months back Sid and I thought of taking at least one of his guidance principles seriously and joining the 5AM club. After all thats what all successful people do, right ;). Well, easier said than done. The first day we managed 5:45, and that too after a loooooooooottttt of struggle and self talk. The second day was better and after a couple days we could manage 5:15-5:20 pretty easily. The 5 o'clock mark, however, was insanely hard to hit! There were days when I'd get stressed about not waking up on time and therefore end up waking up at 3. Then go back to sleep and because I'd woken up, I'd end up sleeping beyond 5. Finally after a few weeks I finally managed to wake up at 5, on the dot. I got up, sat in my bed, smiled to my self and a felt a sense of immense achievement. Then as soon as the feeling of achievement had sunk in, as a celebration I went back to sleep just to catch a few extra winks. Needless to say, I snored on for the next 2 hours and ended up being late for work.

With that kind of a reputation, I'd given up on the idea of the 5 AM club until this morning, when I heard another podcast where the host spoke in all seriousness about the importance of waking up at 5 and how to be disciplined in life and yadayadayada. So after being re-inspired I've decided to give it a go. I will try this tonight and wake up bright and shiny tomorrow morning, ready to start my day with an awesome blog writing experience, squeeze in some exercise and yoga, make fresh breakfast and enjoy a steaming cuppa joe before heading out to conquer the world.
On that bright and positive note I am going to wrap up this article, because like I said, I need to go to bed early if I'm to achieve my dream of being in the 5AM club. And for that to happen I have to stop typing. So see ya'll tomorrow morning. Sweet dreams and Buenos noches!💤🌜

2 comments:

SUNITI JOSHI said...

Nothing new on your blog for sometime! Coming to your post, waking early has some feel good factors. But I am a confirmed night owl.
But with college starting at 7.30 am, I have to get up at 5.30 am ! The city at that time is nice. Cooler, no traffic etc etc.
Keep it up. Hugs!

SUNITI JOSHI said...

Btw, I am tempted to start a monthlong challage like you.